SAB is a Saudi Joint Stock Company with a strong track record and a heritage that stretches back more than 40 years. Established on 12 Safar 1398(H) (21 January 1978), SAB formally commenced activities on 26 Rajab 1398(H) (01 July 1978) when it took over the operations of The British Bank of the Middle East in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
SAB provides Shariah approved products, which are approved and supervised by an independent Shariah board. SAB also provides the option of a complete set of conventional banking products and services to our corporate and institutional customers, which include current accounts, savings, time deposits, corporate credit facilities, trade finance, cash and payments management, and treasury risk management solutions. SAB has an investment in its joint venture with HSBC, HSBC Saudi Arabia, which conducts investment banking services in the Kingdom. SAB also has a controlling ownership stake in SAB Takaful, a listed insurance company in Saudi Arabia. Our investment case
The leading international bank in the Kingdom
- We are the leading international bank in the Kingdom thanks to our partnership with HSBC Group
- We have increased scale and a diversified business mix, reinforced by the merger with Alawwal Bank, ready to support the Vision 2030 aspirations
- We have strong financial fundamentals, from a strong balance sheet, robust funding and liquidity dynamics, and a solid capital position
- We have a sustainable business model and respected ESG fundamentals
- We are safe and dependable, with robust governance and a prudent risk management record
- We have an energetic senior leadership team, a trusted and experienced Board, and a diverse workforce and talent pool
click on the image to see the full strategy announcement
Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management provides services and products to personal and private customers, through a range of market leading digital channels and a traditional branch network.
Our Premier and Advance customers are serviced by Relationship Managers who offer customized financial management solutions and address the more international needs of this group of customer. For customers with simpler needs, we offer a range of services to meet their requirements.
Corporate and Institutional banking
As one of the largest commercial banks in the kingdom, we support a variety of clients from micro enterprises focused on the domestic market to large internationally focused enterprises
Our business is segmented into Global Banking and Commercial Banking.
We provide a full range of products and services, including working capital, term lending, payments, trade and supply chain solutions.
We provide corporate, institutional, retail and private banking customers with access to capital markets, foreign currency and rates management solutions. In addition, we manage the liquidity and market risk of the bank, including the deployment of the bank’s commercial surplus through its investment portfolio.