Don’t fall for appearances by sharing your personal information with a scammer.
Follow our tips to protect your information
At SAB, our first priority is to protect your information and we do this by applying the latest and most effective security practices and controls. As part of our ongoing efforts to enhance awareness, we bring to you tips to further secure your information. Make sure you follow these Security tips.
- Use strong and unique passwords: create complex passwords that include a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters. Avoid using common phrases or personal information that can be easily guessed.
- Be cautious with email attachments and links: Avoid opening suspicious emails or clicking on links or attachments from unknown sources. These can often contain malware or phishing attempts.
- Be mindful of what you share online: Be cautious about sharing personal information such as PINs or OTPs on social media platforms or other websites. Cybercriminals can use this information for identity theft or targeted attacks.
- Practice safe browsing habits: avoid visiting suspicious websites downloading files from untrusted sources, or clicking on pop-up ads that may contain malicious content.
- Educate yourself about common scams: stay informed about the latest online scams such as phishing emails, fake tech support calls, or fraudulent online shopping sites. Being aware of these tactics will help you recognize and avoid falling victim to them.
- Use secure Wi-Fi networks: When accessing sensitive information online, make sure you are connected to a trusted network with a proper encryption. Avoid using public Wi-Fi networks for activities like online banking or shopping as it can make you vulnerable to predatory practices.